Author Archives: patbell101

Spring 2016

Low tides expose the remains of the foundations of the “low light” at Happisburgh.

Originally built as part of a pair of fixed lights, with the familiar upper light, still standing and remains in use today. First lit on January 1st 1791 the low light was abandoned in 1883 and sold and demolished in part 1886. It was not until 1958 that cliff erosion finally exposed the foundations which then fell onto the beach.

Save

Posted in Uncategorized