Spring 2016

Low tides expose the remains of the foundations of the “low light” at Happisburgh.

Originally built as part of a pair of fixed lights, with the familiar upper light, still standing and remains in use today. First lit on January 1st 1791 the low light was abandoned in 1883 and sold and demolished in part 1886. It was not until 1958 that cliff erosion finally exposed the foundations which then fell onto the beach.

Save

Posted in Uncategorized

“Footprints on the Sands of Time….A History of Worstead”

Following on from the successful parish-wide Heritage trails, it was decided to publish the full extent of our researches and so the Worstead Heritage Trails were expanded into “Footprints on the Sands of Time….A History of Worstead” a 200 page heavily illustrated paperback, published and sponsored by the Parish Council, with all proceeds going towards the village Amenity Trust Fund. It is available direct from the PC and at selected outlets across the county, including Museum Service venues. It is also available in braille via the RNIB library.

Posted in Uncategorized